I got my first results today. It's strangely anticlimactic - I mean, the experiment (which took about 5 months, 3 of which were wasted due to my using an incorrectly labelled strain of flies) has been toodling quietly along in the background while I did other things, most of which were leading to experiments that take rather longer than 5 months, at least in the setting up. Today, I completed the Gal4 stain on the wing discs of my specially bred flies and on the control set, and the stain is a little bigger on the specially bred ones, as I had hoped.
Ah well, I'm glad I got them. They might make a footnote in my thesis, assuming it ever gets written.
You are lucky today, by the way. I have only just finished this strip, because having a visitor tends to eat up one's time. I was going to have a Dead Cat Day but it isn't necessary. However, next Monday, Thursday and Monday I will be in New York (yay!) so there will be no Phoenix Feathers for that time. If I get a chance, I'll put up something small before we go, so that anybody who normally reads this strip won't have to go without for too long. Just in case ^.^
See you in two weeks!
- Sun Kitten, 23rd August '02