ec2-35-170-81-210.compute-1.amazonaws.com | ToothyWiki | AlexChurchill | RecentChanges | Login | Advent calendar | Webcomic
Aargh. What can I say. Somebody suggested at GamesEvening that I should make a Generator for PuertoRico buildings. I dismissed the suggestion out of hand, but the next day ideas kept striking me...
Usual Generator caveats apply. Some of these will be insanely overpowered or underpowered; keep hitting Refresh till you get one you like.
- Fantastic!! (I can't believe you took me seriously.) I love it. It's just like the MtG generator except I understand it! --Rachael
Feel free to comment, edit or contribute.
bnf ::= buildingtext
buildingtext ::= During phasewithobject phase, optionalcost receive an extra thingtoreceive for each mayberelevantobject . | When you playerverb , optionalcost maybeyoumay extraaction | optionalcost you may normallyprohibitedaction | optionalcost you may timespecificaction specifictime | optionalcost you do not have to undesirableaction
optionalcost ::= nothing | nothing | nothing | nothing | nothing | "you may sacrifice a" countableobject ". If you do,"
phasewithobject ::= mayor <relevantobject::=colonist> | craftsman <relevantobject::=craftsmangoodnumber> | trader <relevantobject::=doubloonyouhaveorgained> | captain <relevantobject::=captaingoodnumber> | settler <relevantobject::=quarryorplantationyouhave>
mayberelevantobject ::= relevantobject | relevantobject | countableobject "you have"
craftsmangoodnumber ::= "type of good you produced" | "of the good you produced most of"
captaingoodnumber ::= "type of good you shipped" | "of the good you shipped most of" | "of the good you discarded most of"
quarryorplantationyouhave ::= quarryorplantation "you have"
quarryorplantation ::= quarry | plantation
doubloonyouhaveorgained ::= "doubloon you have afterwards" | "doubloon you had beforehand" | "doubloon you gained"
thingtoreceive ::= "good of a type you produce" | colonist | doubloon | "VP chip"
countableobject ::= doubloon | good | building | colonist | quarryorplantation
playerverb ::= "build a building" | "choose a plantation" | "choose a role" | "make a shipment" | "discard a good" | "trade a good"
extraaction ::= "take a" thingtoreceive | "move" smallnumber "of your colonists" | "trade a" thingtoreceive "for a" thingtoreceive
normallyprohibitedaction ::= "ship in a ship containing different goods" | "trade a good already in the trading house" insteadoforaswellas "your normal trade" | "take a quarry" insteadoforaswellas "your normal plantation" | "ignore quarry restrictions"
undesirableaction ::= "ship goods" | "discard at the end of the captain phase"
timespecificaction ::= "take a" thingtoreceive | "rearrange your colonists" | "trade a good" | "make a shipment" | "build a building" | "take a" quarryorplantation
specifictime ::= "when you choose a role" insteadoforaswellas "your action for that phase" | "at the end of each round" | "at the" startorend "of the" phasename "phase" insteadoforaswellas "your action for that phase"
phasename ::= settler | builder | mayor | craftsman | trader | captain | prospector
startorend ::= start | end
maybeyoumay ::= nothing | "you may"
insteadoforaswellas ::= "instead of" | "as well as"
smallnumber ::= one | two | three
nothing ::= ""
Interesting and/or silly results
During settler phase, receive an extra doubloon for each colonist you have .
- This particular expansion evidently comes with doubloons in higher denominations for all the massive extra income...
you may trade a good at the start of the trader phase instead of your action for that phase
When you make a shipment , trade a doubloon for a doubloon
- I've seen the subtly more useful version, "trade a good you produce for a good you produce". --AC
Okay, this is way too powerful:
During settler phase, receive an extra doubloon for each quarry or plantation you have .
you may ignore quarry restrictions
When you build a building , take a doubloon
you do not have to discard at the end of the captain phase
During mayor phase, receive an extra good of a type you produce for each colonist .
During captain phase, receive an extra colonist for each of the good you shipped most of .
- That's meant as three *different* buildings, not one! But for the rest of it: yep, seems about right ;) It could do with another template or two. I've wondered about something starting with "maybeyoumay put one thingtoreceive on this" but not figured out how to finish it. Thing is there's not many to start with; I've already seen the Small Market, the Harbour, and the Construction Hut, and variations on the Factory and Small Factory; and I can't really make a template around unique things like the Guesthouse, the Library or the Forest Hut... --AC
- Three buildings? Ah. That makes them a lot less overpowered.