ec2-3-235-40-122.compute-1.amazonaws.com | ToothyWiki | AlexChurchill | RecentChanges | Login | Webcomic
< [Generate!] ... Generator ... Discuss ... Limited ... CardList ... Type 4 ... Game1 ... Game2 ... Game3 ... Game4 ... Game5 >
- Sometimes the Generator gets sick. This is the doctor's office where we report symptoms and possibly get them fixed...until the next time the generator inevitably checks in.
Sacrifice then tap, in order to flip? Is that right? (I'm not so up on the rules)
- You can pay the costs in any order, so the ability would still have a chance to get off. Obviously it can't flip from it, but you can at least borrow that Jitte your opponent has.
- Yeah, but I should make it disallow sacrificing ~this~ in abilities that are going to flip ~this~. I can do that easily enough. --AC
- Also, "poisonous that many" is a strange construct. Disregarding the rest of the card, Wizards would probably say "Sacrifice X Clerics" in the cost and grant poisonous X. Any situations you can recall where globally changing "any number of" and its corresponding "that many" both to X wouldn't make sense?
- Well, there are [quite a number] of cards which say "that many", mostly effects which replace or trigger on damage, but also things like MTG: Kavu Predator. I can currently generate a replacement-event version of Kavu Predator. But I probably could replace all the "any number of"s and "that many"s with Xs. It'd make me a bit more likely to end up generating a card with 4 different Xvars on it, but yes, that's a reasonable suggestion. --AC
Sparrow of destruction
I hear it took out a dragon once... if only it hadn't died...
Creature - Bird (1/2, white)
All creatures with lifelink gain Whenever you play a enchantment spell, you may pay X, where X is the amount of life any player has. If you don't, tap all lands
When ~this~ comes into play, target player may pay WW. If that player does, ~this~ deals 6 damage to target attacking or blocking creature
Sacrifice ~this~, T: attach target Equipment to target creature. (Control of that Equipment doesn't change.). When that creature becomes blocked by a creature this turn, flip ~this~.
- - - - -
Non-existent Simurgh of Lethality and Decimation
...it might have taken out the rest of the army, too.
Legendary Creature - Bird (3/3, white)
Whenever ~this~ deals combat damage, target player may pay X, where X is the number of cards you have in hand. If that player does, ~this~ deals Y damage to up to 7 target attacking or blocking creatures, where Y is the number of creatures any player controls
Sacrifice ~this~: put a 1/1 white Soldier creature token into play
3WWWW: put X 1/1 black Cleric creature tokens into play, where X is the number of cards an opponent has in hand
Pay 2 life, sacrifice a Cleric: copy target activated ability and choose new targets for the copy
Discard a creature card, Pay 4 life, sacrifice any number of Clerics: target creature with fear gains poisonous that many until end of turn
When ~this~ is put into a graveyard from play, target player may pay 3. If that player does, two target untapped lands gain Pay 1 life: search your library for a Plains card and put it into play, then shuffle your library until end of turn
Whenever a artifact is returned to its owner's hand, target creature with vigilance gets +1/+1 until end of turn and that creature can't be blocked except by creatures with power or toughness greater than 1 until end of turn
All untapped artifacts gain protection from instant or sorcery spells
When ~this~ is returned to its owner's hand, destroy target nonblack creature
- I really like "shuffle your library until end of turn" - you should make the generator generate that. :) --Vitenka
Go Crazy and Let MaGo Sort It Out
(593886871) Enchantment (blue) | All artifacts gain All green creatures become the creature type of your choice
--SadisticMystic - I now have an IRC interface to the generator, which is why the cards are in the format they are (it includes the seeds just in case it needs to be used like this). The above cards came up during testing; the first one is just a curious oddity that doesn't really work, but I can't even tell what's supposed to be going on with the second card. Card 3 is just a smaller version of the same phenomenon.
- Cards 2 & 3 now fixed. --AC
- Oh, is *that* what the thing with the KittyKiller? useragent I keep seeing in my server logs is? ;) - MoonShadow
- It's basically a toolbox bot that uses the custom UA "KittyKill? version 83. Don't ask. (bot/libwww-perl; Linux)" for its LWP requests. It was the first random thing I thought up; I might eventually change it to something even more random.
(1990441596) Instant (red) | add 2 to your mana pool and ~this~ deals X damage to up to 4 target players, where X is the amount of life you have. If a creature damaged this way would be put into a graveyard this turn, remove it from the game instead. | Cycling 3 | Hellbent - If you have no cards in hand, instead ~this~ deals 5 damage to any number of target creatures with both power and toughness greater than or equal to 7 | Hellbent - If you have no cards in hand, instead ~this~ deals 5 damage to all creatures
Should hellbent be awardable twice? Is it possible to distinguish when something is a replacement so it never gives one replacement that will never work since it's automatically overridden by the next clause?
- Hmm. It shouldn't be awardable twice, but it currently is. I'll try to fix that. As for the latter question, that's really hard in the general case, but I ought to make it not offer "if a creature damaged this way" after "damage to players", even if MTG: Pariah could let it trigger. --AC
SIGSEGV: out-of-range reference "X"
(768619078) Creature - Elf Druid (2/2, green) | Kicker X colourless mana, where X is the amount of mana in your mana pool | All attacking or blocking colourless creatures get +3/+3 | If you paid the kicker cost, All blocking creatures are white | When you control no enchantments, flip ~this~. | activated abilities cost all players 1 more to play | - - - - - | Legendary Creature - Elf Druid (4/1, green) | 2RRG, T: put a +1/+1 counter on ~this~ | Discard a card, remove 7 +1/+1 counters from ~this~: add X white mana to your mana pool
This is a strange card. The kicker references X but defines it, and does so in such a way that doesn't seem to require that X be used at all outside of the cost. Indeed, it has "If you paid kicker" that makes no reference to X...but as a flip card, it has an ability including X, not tied to "if you paid kicker" or anything else defining X? It actually sounds like a reoccurrence of the "Thanks for Telling Us What Y Is" bug.
- Wow, flip cards really don't come out well in that format, do they? Thanks for the problem - I'll look into it. --AC
Has "the next time an opponent would gain life this turn, you may Tap an untapped permanent you control. If you don't, instead you put that many 1/1 blue Faerie creature tokens with flying into play". The phrase "that many" doesn't seem to refer to anything sensible. I assume it is supposed to refer to the amount of life that the opponent was gaining? --Angoel
- Indeed it is. See MTG: Lich for analogy. This card is silly, possibly in a "Nyuhuh?" way--you either tap your own permanent and have them still gain life, or you keep your own permanent untapped, they don't gain life, and the life they would gain becomes faerie tokens for you--but it's not really a bug.
- For this effect, pretty silly - but I can actually see it being quite useful as a mechanic. Halfway between "You must" and "You may". "You probably will, but if you really need to abort it..." --Vitenka
Almighty Wizard of Confused Intentions
(448263048) Creature - Human Wizard (1/2, black)
4B, T: up to X target nongreen creatures gain At the beginning of your combat phase, regenerate any number of target creatures with both power and toughness not equal to Y, where Y is the amount of mana in your mana pool until end of turn, where Y is the number of cards you have in hand. When those permanents are put into a graveyard from play this turn, flip ~this~.
- - - - -
Tedion, Schizophrenic Wizard of GET YOUR EYES CHECKED
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (4/2, black)
Whenever you sacrifice a creature with power less than 2, put a +1/+1 counter on ~this~
Remove 4 +1/+1 counters from ~this~: regenerate target creature with recover
Pay 4 life: put a 3/3 white Spirit creature token into play
Sacrifice a Spirit: draw 2 cards, then discard 4 cards
Tap an untapped basic land you control, sacrifice a Spirit: two target creatures with total power and toughness not equal to 2 get -1/-4 until end of turn
Sacrifice 4 Spirits: target opponent sacrifices a nonbasic land. ~this~ deals 2 damage to target creature with power greater than 7. When a creature damaged this way is put into a graveyard from play this turn, return it to play under your control. and that creature gains protection from basic lands until end of turn
Presumably the number of cards in hand is supposed to be X, but in between the "declare X" and "define X" clauses, a statement was interposed that introduced a Y, throwing the generator off and making it define the variable as Y again. And again we have a flip trigger on the targets leaving play even when it's designed for multiple targets...
Beasts Don't Know Better Than to Use Sentence Fragments
(667835800) Creature - Beast (2/2, green and blue) | At the beginning of your combat phase, untap up to 6 target libraries | Whenever ~this~ deals combat damage to a creature, tap that creature and it doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step. As long as ~this~ is attacking
As long as it's attacking, what? The creature doesn't untap during the next untap step as long as it's attacking? Something's clearly not right here...
- Doesn't now seem to be reproducible. I think this must have been an intermediate bug - do post again if it turns up again. --AC
What's the Mana Cost of a Library?
(306891678) Creature - Giant Warrior (1/1, red) | Bushido 4 | When ~this~ leaves play, you may Discard a card. If you don't, ~this~ deals X damage to target creature or player, where X is the number of untapped lands in play | Rampage 3 | When ~this~ leaves play, you may Sacrifice a library. If you don't, ~this~ deals the sacrificed permanent's mana cost damage to any number of target creatures or players
A resurfacing of the "call up a property for an object that, by your own action, necessarily can't exist" bug, as well as the "mana cost" damage instead of "converted mana cost" damage that I thought was already fixed. But even if that second "don't" had been a "do", the card still shows another reason not to use libraries in place of permanent classes.
Mishra's Bauble, Now Non-slowtrip Style...wait, what?
(1000932731) Instant (red) | Add X red mana, where X is the number of creatures with split second in play to your mana pool | Madness BBRRR | Cycling X green mana / CMC: 4
Is it trying to hold the X definition all the way through to the cycling cost, which is clearly nonsensical? Does the cycling set its own X without defining it?
- Yes, it's looking to see if it's got an X defined at the time of adding suffix keywords, and finding that it has. Yes, that's a bug. I should make the addition of madness, cycling etc force a new X if an X is requested. --AC
Shuffles It, and...shoves it?
(1946518967) Shatesh Inedilage | Planeswalker - Shatesh (white, Loyalty 7) | +1: You may return all cards from your graveyard to play | -1: You gain 6 life and each player may search his or her library for up to three basic land cards and put them into play. Each player who searched his or her library this way shuffles it, and specialtargeteffect_myTargetType? | -9: Untap target land / CMC: 1
I don't even recall seeing specialtargeteffect at all; what can something like that possibly be?
- Ah, I see what's going on here. specialtargeteffect is something like "Untap that creature" on MTG: Cerulean Wisps, or "That spell's controller loses 3 life" on MTG: Undermine. It's a way of doing something extra to something that's been earlier referred to in the same ability. The problem is, that ability was trying to be a targetobtainingeffect followed by a specialtargeteffect, but the targetobtainingeffect tried to be damage. White can't deal damage at sorcery speed, so the damage became a landsearcheffect instead, which doesn't provide a target for the specialtargeteffect. I ought to fix that, by making it that if a targetobtainingeffect is requested, and goes into some effect that may not be available, the template returned to if it's not available is targetobtainingeffect. --AC
Planeswalker - Phepash (green, Loyalty 6)
+3: put a 4/4 green Beast creature token into play
-3: clash with an opponent. If you win, target creature with shroud gets +4/+4 until end of turn
-10: all permanents are enchantments in addition to their other types until end of turn
Converted mana cost: 2
... Target creature with shroud? Also, the costs seem a little bit off. --GS?
- The costs are completely off - they'll never be anything other than hilariously inaccurate numbers. There's no determination of "the most powerful effect" out of the three or anything like that. As for "target creature with shroud", well... um... It'll be able to hit MTG: Autumn Willow if the controller lets you! (yeah, I should try to stop it offering that, I guess) --AC
Tap an untapped library you control, T: distribute up to one +1/+1 counter on all Golems
those creatures gain rampage 3
cipimprintingability_true? lol wut?
Bug Report: Wednesday, 10:27 PM, April 18 (Generated all 3 cards, unsure of seed, so included the nonbugged ones):
2B, Tap an untapped Elf you control: specialtargeteffect_myTargetType?
--His warcry flees even the grandest dust yet enlarges the best magic
Because Her prayer feeds more destructively than the hugest fire
– Shunoathe, Prophet of the Ancient Woods, Arch Whip of the Remote River
Converted mana cost: 7
Legendary Enchantment - Aura (green)
Enchant permanent an opponent controls
When ~this~ enters the battlefield, you may Discard a instant card. If you don't, target Soldier gets +4/+1 until end of turn
Enchanted permanent can't be the target of instant spells
Converted mana cost: 3
W: search your library for a nonbasic land card and put it into hand, then shuffle your library
Converted mana cost: 3
Planeswalker - Ekeph (blue, Loyalty 4)
+1: until end of turn, if you would be dealt damage, instead that player draws four cards, then discard three cards
-4: target player may put a card from hand onto the battlefield
-7: return two target Merfolk to their owner's hand
--Every tray may imprint
– Swyth Shitoll, Swift Monk
Converted mana cost: 3
Which play draws four cards?