ec2-34-234-207-100.compute-1.amazonaws.com | ToothyWiki | MagicTheGathering | RecentChanges | Login | Webcomic
The DCI uses the [ELO rating system] (similar to the rating system used in Chess) to grade everybody who plays in sanctioned MagicTheGathering events.
[link], because it's easier than keeping this page updated manually.
(Note: it doesn't include people who've dropped-off the DCI list by not playing for over a year).
Also, includes graphs because I don't know why they ever removed that feature from the official page. --qqzm
- Genius. I'm interested - how are you getting the data? --CH
- By having a scraping programme scheduled to run each Wednesday morning after they update the main page. --qqzm
- I'm not on it anymore. How odd. --CH
- It looks like it's something to do with the fact that there are now 2 Alan Lawrences. I'll have a proper look into it on Monday. --qqzm
- Ok, fixed. You're now back on the list :) --qqzm
- Thanks. Given the rating, this is not necessarily a good thing... --CH
Now includes Total rating. --qqzm
- What is "total rating"? Is it a parallel system where they lump constructed and limited matches together? If so, it seems that the people I've beaten at limited were better at constructed than limited because my total rating is a fair bit higher than my limited rating. --PT
- That's exactly what it is. They're currently using it as an alternative to Composite. Whether they'll ever use it as a replacement for Composite I'm not sure. --qqzm
Some ToothyWikizens' ratings are collected together from other pages here:
Name: Constructed: Limited: Composite: Check for updates:
qqzm 1854 1762 1808 
AlexChurchill 1655 1693 1674 
GreenOpal - 1680 1640 
PeterTaylor - 1670 1635 
GreenOpal - 1643 1621 
StuartFraser - 1617 1608 
Vitenka - 1605 1602 
RobertHiersemenzel - 1603 1601 
Edwin - 1601 1600 
Requiem - 1595 1597 
AlanLawrence - 1589 1594 
ChrisHowlett - 1588 1594 
StuartFraser 1577 1580 1578 
Duplicates occur because some people have more than one DCI number.
ToothyWikizen team ratings:
Name: Members: Composite:
Green Fire Fish GO, CH, AC* 1616
________ CH, SF, Edwin 1604
Stinbceyrlq Edwin, Mark, [Kyo] 1604
Dark Green Fish AC, GO, [Dominic Jones] 1600
Debbie Does Darksteel Qqzm, Piemaster, JacsUK? 1596
Don't say Sha'am PT, Senji+, CH 1596
The Cheese Stands Alone Qqzm, AL, Angoel 1596
The Committee PT, SF, Requiem 1592
The Potatoes of Doom! AC, GO, RobertHiersemenzel 1588
* But not according to the DCI.
+ From memory. Alas, there don't appear to be any DCI members in England with Senji's surname.
- Was indeed me. I know I put my DCI information somewhere safe, so... -- Senji
- DCI Number 99846725, but I don't think I've played 10 matches, so... -- Senji
I've assumed that since this is all publicly available information anyway people won't object to my reproducing it here. --PT
There are some definite oddities in the database of DCI members in England:
- There is no-one with Senji's surname.
- I strangely now seem to have a [page] but don't appear in the search output... -- Senji
- None of the people with Angoel's given name have The Cheese Stands Alone listed. (Nor is there anyone registered as Angoel).
- You only appear in the list if you have played more than 10 individual sanctioned matches, perhaps this might account for Senji and Angoel?
- Alex doesn't have Green Fire Fish listed, but nor does he have a second DCI number.
- ChrisHowlett notes that his ratings have been updated for the PC flight, but not his draft.
(PeterTaylor) What have they done to the way they do ratings? My old rating of 1683 is still there, as "For invitations and/or byes (as of 2006-04-17)", but lists fewer matches and events than my new rating of 1675. ?!