ec2-44-192-79-149.compute-1.amazonaws.com | ToothyWiki | AlexChurchill | RecentChanges | Login | Webcomic
< [Generate!] ... Generator ... Discuss ... Limited ... CardList ... Type 4 ... Game1 ... Game2 ... Game3 ... Game4 ... Game5 >
- A number of Generator cards have a large element of "D'oh!"
target creature with power 3 or more gains Exalted
Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, untap up to four target permanents and those permanents get +1/+1
(This effect doesn't end) until end of turn
Umm... It says this effect doesn't end, and it ends
4W, T, sacrifice ~this~: search your library for a land card and put it into hand, then shuffle your library
All Golems become Golems
- I am very confused about this last line.
It's like the one beneath: it's just making sure you know ;)
This one makes complete sense:
Sacrifice a land, Discard a land card: any number of target enchantments are enchantments in addition to their other types until end of turn
Wait so they are enchantment enchantments! I get it now!
Hooray for redundant redundancies exclamation points!!!
T: add 1 to your mana pool. Spend this mana only on spells
- Oh, so there are lands that cost mana now?
- Abilities of cards on the table aren't spells but can cost mana. So the restriction is meaningful.
up to four target Wizards get -1/-0 until end of turn and those creatures get -4/-0 until end of turn
Spread your wings and spread your wings....
Creature - Bird (1/1, blue)
- I love how it spelled flying and Flying differently...
Amulet for when you Really Need a Mana Sink
3 U U R , 4 : you lose 1 life
Creature - Human Cleric (2/3, white)
6WWWWWWWW: put a 1/1 blue Bird creature token with flying onto the battlefield
4, sacrifice two Birds: ~this~ can't attack until end of turn
Price this Card?
Artifact Creature - Golem (1/1, artifact)
Lazy Defenders - W
All tapped creatures gain first strike.
At the beginning of your main phase , remove a card not in the game from the game
Whenever you play a spell, counter target spell.
- Although that looks stupidly destructive, it's a really nice 'almost symmetrical' concept. Play only instants whilst other players attempts to cast spells are on the stack... I like this one. Add some inbuilt way for the opponent to remove it and print it :) --Vitenka
Sacrifice a creature : put a time counter on two target Zombie Walls
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep , unless you pays 2 G , you may search library for a card, reveal it, and put it into play . If so, shuffle that library afterwards. and counter target Elf spell with a mana cost equal to B
T : you may put a red land card from graveyard into play
- So close, and yet so far.... - tjm
Sacrifice ~this~ , Pay 3 life : ~this~ can't be blocked until end of turn
W G : an opponent gain 4 life
- Could just about conceivably be useful (and hey, it's the right colours), but mainly a bit "D'oh".
This one was looking so promising...
Whenever an opponent draw a card , unless an opponent discards a card from his/her hand , remove a card not in the game from the game
What's the kicker, "Each player discards a card from their hand"??
Enchanted permanent is blue
If you paid the kicker cost, Enchanted permanent is blue
Pay 3 life: copy target activated ability from a untapped Swamp source and choose new targets for the copy
Henry Forde 2nd hand creature dealership
All creatures are the black of your choice
- D'oh :) Thanks, fixed
- What do you mean fixed? It was perfect already! --Jumlian
All Goblin Elves get +X/+X, where X is the number of untapped Cephalid Legend Merfolk in play
Well, MTG: Mistform Ultimus is happy...
T: ~this~ is blue (This ability does not end at end of turn)
Cumulative Upkeep: T
Sacrifice a enchantment : unless a player discards a card from his/her hand , two target lands gain cumulative upkeep: 4 until end of turn
- Cumulative upkeep and phasing will now not be granted if the duration is "until end of turn". --AC
All creatures with power equal to 2 can't be blocked except by blocking creatures
- Am I right in thinking that this means "All creatures with power equal to 2 can't be blocked"? --CH
- Yes. The only creatures which can be declared as blockers are those that are already blocking something, which is impossible. But what a confusing way to phrase it! --AC
- Couldn't MTG: Mounted Archers or MTG: Avatar of Hope do it? They block one creature, at which point they're blocking creatures, then block another one... --SF
- Not like that, because blockers are assigned and then the creatures become Blocked/Blocking? all at once. On the other hand, you could do it with MTG: Trap Runner... --CH
All blue enchantments are blue
Whenever a creature deals damage to a creature, target player may Discard a card from your hand. If that player does, target opponent puts X 0/1 Wall artifact creature tokens into play, where X is the number of attacking creatures with both power and toughness greater than or equal to 3 in play
all players may play enchantment spells any time an instant could be played
When ~this~ is put into a graveyard from play, you may Tap an untapped Soldier you control. If you do, the next time you would gain life this turn, instead you lose that much life
All creatures with both power and toughness greater than 4 get +1/-1
- This has an interesting first ability, which looks like a bug to me. On the other hand, I like the idea of making another player make you discard. --Edwin
- You're right that it's a bug. I've also seen on occasion "At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent may sacrifice this. If he or she does..." to which I can't help but respond, "No they may not!" It's quite hard to tell the generator what costs are legal when, and it looks like this is one of the corner cases to iron out when I get time. --AC
- On a related subject, "If that player does not" would in general make for more interesting cards than "If that player doesn't".--Edwin
- Er...? I assume this isn't a comment on my use of apostrophes. Perhaps you meant ""If that player doesn't" would in general make for more interesting cards than "If that player does""? In which case, I think both could be interesting; so I'll add that possibility to optionalpermpaycostclause and optionaleffectpaycostclause. --AC
- Yes, I mistyped that. What I meant to say is what you took me as saying. And yes, both would be good.--Edwin
Whenever enchanted land becomes nonlegendary, destroy target Zombie
- Nice effect; unfortunately no way to trigger it has ever been printed... --AC
- Actually, I realized that's wrong. It's perfectly possible to trigger this. Can anyone else figure out how? --AC
- Yes. --qqzm
- ''Think so. Trawhbsgurernyz, yes?
- Indeed. --AC
Instant or Sorcery?
put a charge counter on any number of target permanents target opponent controls and destroy those permanents
- Shouldn't happen any more. They could still bounce, though... --AC
Whenever a land becomes the target of a spell or ability, ~this~ can't be the target of activated abilities until end of turn
If an opponent would draw a card, you may pay X blue mana, where X is the number of colourless creatures in play. If you do, instead attach target Equipment to target legendary creature with toughness less than 1. (Control of that Equipment doesn't change.)
- So nearly totally broken, until that final clause... --AC'
Instant or Sorcery?
Choose one: you lose 3 life; or the next time you would be dealt damage this turn, target opponent may Sacrifice ~this~. If that player doesn't, prevent 2 of that damage
- That's a bug. If it's making an instant/sorcery, it shouldn't ever use the phrase "sacrifice ~this~". Don't suppose you've still got it around to retrieve the seed? --AC
- Sorry, no. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a recurrence, though. --CH
All enchantments are enchantments as well as their types
Instant or Sorcery?
attach target Equipment to target creature with ninjutsu Tap an untapped blue enchantment you control, Discard a card. (Control of that Equipment doesn't change.)
More by Lavacamorada:
And You Thought Sacred Nectar Was Bad
You lose 4 life
At the beginning of any player's main phase, you may Pay 3 life. If you don't, put a charge counter on ~this~
4, Discard a card with converted mana cost less than 1, remove a charge counter from ~this~: ~this~ deals 1 damage to any number of target attacking legendary facedown creatures with flying
Not even the Ultimus knows what a Ghzphthm is.
- LOL --AC, sniggering in a Seattle computer lab
Goblin Safety Net
As long as the number of creatures with total power and toughness greater than 2 in play is not equal to 3, All creatures with defender may not attack
All lands are blue
The second ability can actually be useful in combination with some cards.
1B, Creature - Zombie 1/2
At the beginning of an opponent's combat phase, target opponent may pay 3. If that player does, put a +1/+1 counter on ~this~
2G, Discard a multicoloured instant card, remove 1 +1/+1 counter from ~this~: you lose X life, where X is the number of cards you have in hand
Barrier around Nothing
Protection from creatures
2BB, Creature - Homarid Soldier 2/3
W: up to 3 target Soldiers become Soldiers until end of turn and those creatures get +0/-3
Yeah, it destroys Soldiers, but you have to admit it sounds kind of stupid.
Buyback 4U, Discard a card
put two charge counters on two target permanents an opponent controls. If you paid the kicker cost, regenerate those permanents
The program didn't generate the kicker cost. Is there a way to fix that?
- Yes, although it has to be afterwards. It does that now. --AC
Improved Rhystic Tutor
unless target opponent pays 1, target opponent may search his or her library for a card, reveal it, and put it into his or her hand. If that player does so, shuffle that library afterwards
Almost as good as the original.
- But not quite. ;) --AC
Wrath of Bob
Destroy all permanents you control
Hey! Combo with The cheese stands alone! (should be a link, but I can't do one.)
4GG, Creature - Beast 5/5
All Beasts can't be blocked except by creatures
Time to Die
T: put a time counter on ~this~
UU, T: put a time counter on ~this~
T, Discard a card: put a time counter on ~this~
~this~ comes into play with 7 time counters on it
~this~ comes into play with X time counters on it, where X is the number of spells played this turn
UB, remove a time counter from ~this~: target black creature gets +0/-1 until end of turn
Not useless, just rather redundant.
Severed Fish Head
Whenever you play a enchantment spell, up to 2 target creatures gain ninjutsu Sacrifice a Merfolk until end of turn
It would almost be useful if it gave ninjutsu to creature cards in your hand.
- Oooops. Yes, I ought to make ninjutsu not get granted to creatures in play - thanks. --AC (now done)
R, Creature - Goblin Mage 1/1
All untapped enchantments are enchantments as well as their types
At the beginning of your combat phase, target player may pay X white mana, where X is the number of basic land types among lands you control. If that player doesn't, ~this~ is blue until end of turn
If only it did something.
Trumpet of the Fearless Leader
All white creatures can't be blocked except by creatures
Grand Elven Herald
1GG, Creature - Elf Lord 2/3
If you paid the kicker cost, any player may play Elf spells with a converted mana cost greater than 7 by paying UUR instead of their mana cost
Too bad there are no Elves with a converted mana cost greater than 7.
- ...You're right. How vexing. Maybe the Generator could generate us some. --AC
~this~ deals X damage to target Beast, where X is the number of enchantment spells played this turn
- More giggle --AC
Trumpet of the Even More Fearless Leader
All noncolourless creatures can't be blocked except by creatures
Sword of Nothing
2, Artifact - Equipment
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage, ~this~ gains protection from untapped Plains until end of turn
Can the program generate the Aura and Equipment subtypes automatically?
- That's a little more problematic. It can only put them afterwards, in the current version of the Generator software. It'll have to wait until MoonShadow completely rewrites the BNF softwre from scratch ;) --AC
- Okay, it does it now. It just needed an extension coding, not rewriting completely from scratch. --AC
Flames of Oblivion
Unless an opponent discards a card, ~this~ deals 7 damage to any number of target creatures. When a creature damaged this way is put into a graveyard from play this turn, return it to play under your control.. If a creature damaged this way would be put into a graveyard this turn, remove it from the game instead.
This card is actually okay, but you'll never get a creature back with it, because the replacement effect removes the creature from the game and the delayed triggered ability has no chance to trigger.
And Stay Out!
~this~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player. If a creature damaged this way would be put into a graveyard this turn, remove it from the game instead.. If a creature damaged this way would be put into a graveyard this turn, remove it from the game instead.. If a creature damaged this way would be put into a graveyard this turn, remove it from the game instead.
- This should put it in the zone referenced by MTG: AWOL, the absolutely-removed-from-the-freaking-game-forever zone :) --AC
3RR, Creature - Homarid Wizard 4/4
Discard a noncolourless instant card: ~this~ deals 6 damage to target player with less than or equal to 5 life. Creatures damaged this way can't be regenerated.. Creatures damaged this way can't be regenerated.. When a creature damaged this way is put into a graveyard from play this turn, return it to play under your control.. When a creature damaged this way is put into a graveyard from play this turn, return it to play under your control.
These last two are actually pretty good, but less than concisely worded.
Creature - Merfolk (3/1, green)?
ninjutsu X white mana, where X is the number of basic land types among lands you control
Whenever ~this~ becomes blocked by a creature, sacrifice any number of nonblack creatures. ~this~ deals that much damage to up to 4 target creatures or players
You may play ~this~ any time you could play an instant.
At the beginning of each opponent's combat phase, target opponent may pay 4. If that player doesn't, ~this~ gains bushido 2 until end of turn
G, Discard a card: any number of target creatures with trample can't be blocked until end of turn
He couldn't decide whether to study with the ninja or the samurai.
- This came up in the real-time /TypeFourGenerated game between GreenOpal and AlexChurchill. It's quite a nice creature: 5/3 when blocking, and a 3/1 that the opponent doesn't want to block. --AC
Creature - Bird (1/1, colourless)
All creatures with defender can't be blocked
Nothing but Cards in This Library, Sir, I Swear!
BB: target opponent reveals the top 4 cards of his or her library. that player puts all cards from among them into hand and put the rest on top of his or her library in any order
Creature - Wizard (1/1, blue)
If ~this~ would regenerate, instead ~this~ gains All multicoloured enchantments can't be the target of activated abilities (This effect doesn't end at end of turn)
- It is actually possible to get him to keep the ability for more than the briefest of moments, but remarkably hard. Quite a fun puzzle to figure out how. --AC
- In fact, I'm not 100% sure myself. My plan is to rdhvc vg jvgu fuvryq bs xnyqen naq gura gnetrg vg jvgu oebxra snyy gura eraq syrfu. Do people think that works? --AC
- I don't think that does work. It seems to me that gur novyvgl jvyy bayl gevttre vs ur jbhyq bgurejvfr or gnccrq naq erzbirq sebz pbzong. --Edwin
At the beginning of your main phase, destroy target land
When any player controls a colourless enchantment, flip ~this~.
4: destroy two target artifacts
- - - - -
The Horrific Inspiration
Legendary Enchantment (red)
Whenever enchanted permanent becomes untapped, destroy target artifact
All black creatures get +X/+0, where X is the number of permanents you control in play
Enchant legendary library
Avenger of the Facedown Spirits
Creature - Spirit (1/1, black)
Whenever an opponent sacrifices a facedown Spirit, an opponent receives 1 poison counter
- Doesn't it really bug you when your opponent plays that infinite combo involving sacrificing facedown spirits? Well, try this against him to thwart his plans!
Whenever equipped creature leaves play, put two +1/+1 counters on any number of target red creatures and those creatures are 3/3 creatures as well as their types until end of turn
T: you lose X life, where X is the amount of life you have
Equip Tap an untapped permanent you control
Sacrifice a library: you reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a sorcery card. If you do, you put that card into hand and put the rest on top of your library in any order. If you don't, you shuffle the revealed cards into your library.
- Spot the problem... --AC
- Should work well with I Think Your Cards Are Better Than Mine (above) -- Senji
All enchantments are 3/3 creatures as well as their types
Enchanted permanent can't be the target of spells
- Again, spot the problem... --AC
Creature - Spirit (3/1, white and red)
All permanents gain If a token legendary creature with haste would deal damage, an opponent may pay X green mana, where X is the number of cards you have in hand. If that player doesn't, instead destroy all lands
- Somewhat unlikely to trigger. --AC
- Not impossible, in a Selesnya-Boros deck --Edwin
- ''Hmm, [true], [I guess] :) Or indeed in a Kamigawa-block [Spiritcraft] [deck] with MTG: Kiki-Jiki :) --AC
Creature - Snake (2/2, green)
4G, Pay 3 life: put a +1/+1 counter on ~this~
Tap an untapped permanent you control, remove 4 +1/+1 counters from ~this~: untap target legendary library and untap those permanents
- No legendary library should have to stay tapped for long. --AC
T: add 2B to your mana pool. Spend this mana only on black creature spells with a converted mana cost less than 3.
activated abilities cost all players an additional Discard a card to play
Whenever one or more Equipments leaves play, draw 1 card, then discard 2 cards
- Technically, you could cast two different black creature spells with that mana. Or pay the kickers on a MTG: Nightscape Battlemage, MTG: Duskwalker, or what have you. But it's quite a fun restriction, and will often cause mana burn. --AC
From Seraya and Ununnilium's /TypeFourGenerated game comes:
Creature - Spirit (1/2, black)
All permanents an opponent controls are black
1, T: destroy up to X target nonblack creatures, where X is the number of poison counters you have
- I can't put it any better than Ununnilium did: "...wow, those abilities are the ultimate anti-synergy."
Creature - Beast (1/3, green)
Whenever ~this~ deals combat damage, you may Pay 4 life. If you do, put a warp counter on ~this~. If ~this~ has X warp counters on it, where X is the number of poison counters you have, flip it.
When ~this~ leaves play, add 2 mana of any one colour to your mana pool
- - - - -
Legendary Creature - Beast (4/4, green)
Whenever ~this~ is turned face up, target nonblue creature gets +4/+4 until end of turn
- Too bad you can't ever use the Morph ability. The triggered ability is pretty good. It's the same with kicker in the next one.
1: put a time counter on target creature
Tap an untapped permanent you control, Discard a card: return all permanents with a time counter on them to their owner's hand
Whenever a permanent becomes the target of a spell or ability, flip ~this~.
When ~this~ is removed from the game, target opponent may pay 1. If that player doesn't, up to 6 target blocking creatures with toughness equal to 2 gain defender until end of turn
- - - - -
Legendary Enchantment (blue)
If you paid the kicker cost, All Vedalken gain flying
1: change the text of target blue creature spell by replacing all instances of one creature type with another. (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.)
- Wow, blocking creatures gain defender until end of turn, that's so... useless!
Too Scared to Block Me Now?
All unblocked creatures gain fear
B: ~this~ gains B: regenerate target Spirit until end of turn
Someone Make a Land that Costs Mana Already
Enchantment - Aura (green)
Whenever enchanted enchantment leaves play, search your library for a basic land card and put it into hand, then shuffle your library
Enchanted enchantment gains WUBRG, Tap an untapped permanent you control: target opponent may put a land card with converted mana cost equal to 1 from hand into play
As If Tapping Wasn't a Big Enough Hint
Artifact Creature - Golem (2/2, artifact)
T: ~this~ may not attack until end of turn
tap target nonbasic land and untap that permanent
A similar version came from the /LorwynGenerator:
Tribal Instant - Kithkin (white)
clash with an opponent. If you win, clash with an opponent. If you win, untap target Kithkin and tap that permanent
But this version is actually useful with MTG: Judge of Currents!
Imperpetual Motion Machine
UU, T: add U to your mana pool
When you control no permanents, flip ~this~.
- - - - -
Sacrifice a basic land: up to 4 target Birds get -X/-0, where X is the number of untapped legendary libraries in play until end of turn
2, Pay 4 life: draw 4 cards
I Really Like Being Hellbent
Creature - Goblin Samurai (1/1, red)
bushido Y, where Y is the number of Samurai spells played this turn
Hellbent - As long as you have no cards in hand, 4RR, Discard a card: ~this~ deals 4 damage to target player
All creatures with toughness less than or equal to X, where X is the number of cards you have in hand can't block
Stupid Timing Rules
Creature - Rat Rogue (1/2, black)
All permanents are black
Whenever ~this~ is dealt damage, Regenerate ~this~
- Of course it's not completely useless, as long as you have a ping-for-1 source handy, but nonetheless it's a card that looks a lot more powerful than it is.
A is Hexadecimal for 10, Right?
Sacrifice ~this~, T: Draw a card
Sacrifice ~this~: Draw 1 card
See If I Live Long Enough to Flip
Enchantment - Aura (green)
Whenever a creature regenerates, put a +1/+1 counter on two target creatures
Whenever enchanted enchantment is put into a graveyard from play, flip ~this~.
- - - - -
Legendary Enchantment - Aura (green)
Threshold - All untapped creatures with morph get +1/+1
Enchanted enchantment can't be the target of spells or abilities
Someone Remind Me What Affinity Does
Affinity for permanents an opponent controls
you put 1 1/1 white Soldier creature token into play
Better Not Let Anything Through
Artifact Creature - Gargoyle Soldier (1/3, artifact)
All permanents you control gain protection from creatures with power or toughness not equal to 1
Whenever you lose life, you lose 4 life
So I Get A Bunch of Birds, But I Can't Kill You
Creature - Human Knight (2/1, white)
If an opponent would lose life, instead put that many 1/1 white Bird creature tokens with flying into play
target multicoloured creature gains At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, destroy all lands until end of turn
- I'd think [[MTG: Staying Power]] would be suitable for a Generated card possibility, and it could actually make this meaningful.
What Ever Shall I Choose?
Instant - Arcane (green)
Choose one: you may put a card from hand into play; or you may put a card from hand into play
Smooth. Real Smooth.
Creature - Human Minion (1/2, black and green)
All creatures with power or toughness not equal to X, where X is the number of permanent types among permanents you control (The permanent types are artifact, creature, enchantment and land) gain T: destroy all nonblack creatures
Hellbent - As long as you have no cards in hand, At the beginning of your combat phase, sacrifice any number of Minions. destroy that many target nonblack creatures
At the beginning of your combat phase, target opponent may pay 1. If that player does, put a +1/+1 counter on ~this~
Tap an untapped basic land you control, remove any number of +1/+1 counters from ~this~: target opponent draws that many cards
All green creatures get -3/-3
- Another card that looks so promising...until the end.
Sorcery (white) W
As an additional cost to play ~this~, pay X life.
you gain X life
Remind me when SBEs are checked, again?
put a +1/+1 counter on target facedown Druid
There may be an interesting idea in here, something along the lines of: Reveal any number of facedown creatures you control. For each one that is a Druid, put a +1/+1 counter on it...
(the generator is pretty coherent these days. Still, sometimes...)
Yes, I Know That
Instant - Arcane (red)
target tapped Dwarf can't block until end of turn
Well, It's Good To Have The Option
T: add B to your mana pool
Pay 3 life, T: add B to your mana pool
Please Don't Mindslaver Me
(ravnica 1191985031) Instant (green) | Choose one: target opponent gains 7 life; or target opponent may put two creature cards from hand into play
Next Thing You'll Say, You Have Indestructible Plains/Islands?/Swamps?/Mountains? Too
(1345333139) Instant - Arcane (red) | Choose one: destroy all lands; or ~this~ deals X damage to target player with equal to 4 life, where X is the number of basic land types among lands an opponent controls | Entwine R
Be a Good Neighbor! Donate Some Life And Get a Discount!
(ravnica 688027101) Creature - Spirit (2/1, black and white) | ~this~ can't block | 4, T: target opponent gains 7 life | activated abilities cost you up to 4 less to play
Best Combo-Enabler Ever
When ~this~ is put into a graveyard from play, put a leak counter on target artifact
All enchantments with leak counters on them are artifacts as well as their types
- So wait... If I can turn one of my enchantments into an artifact (with, say, Mycosynth Lattice) and then find a way to sacrifice this enchantment, and then play ANOTHER copy of this enchantment, then my enchantment will become an artifact, which it already is?? That's broken!!!
clash with an opponent. If you win, destroy all artifacts you control
Converted mana cost: 7
Deadly Dead Death of Doom
Enchantment - Aura (black)
Enchant enchantment you control
Whenever enchanted enchantment leaves the battlefield, put a doom counter on ~this~
Pay 3 life, Pay 1 life, remove any number of doom counters from ~this~: you get that many poison counters
You control enchanted enchantment
Sacrifice ~this~: ~this~ deals 3 damage to target creature. This damage can't be prevented. Creatures damaged this way can't be regenerated this turn. Creatures damaged this way can't be regenerated this turn. Creatures damaged this way can't be regenerated this turn
Converted mana cost: 3
- I thought this one was pretty cool, but since the last part looks kinda bugged, here's the seed: 1127448472
The Amazing...TRIPLE BOMBO!
(sorcery 1078575669) Sorcery (blue) | Choose one: Target untapped Bird can't be blocked except by creatures until end of turn; or exchange control of target library you control and target permanent of the same type target opponent controls; or counter target spell or ability / CMC: 1
- ''Modal spells often whiff on one mode or another, but this one actually manages to be completely pointless in all of them at once, in a variety of different ways! (If that last one doesn't look so terrible at first glance, have a peek at the card type.)
LOOK AT THESE CARDS
Target player reveals the top two cards of his or her library.
5R, T: Add 1 to your mana pool